Community Members & Visitors: Check-Out Policies
Includes: CSUSB Alumni Association; Library Associates; Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC); and permanent, full-time school teachers from San Bernardino & Riverside Counties (not substitute teachers).
Teachers noted above, please provide the following: a current California Driver’s License (CDL) and a current pay stub and/or a letter from your school’s principal stating current employment.
Can I renew the items I check out?
Are there any items I cannot check out?
Yes, laptops, calculators, iPads, Library Multimedia Center equipment; and all items held at the Course Reserves Desk with the exception of WREE (Writing Requirements Entrance Exam) materials and Constitution Exams materials.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
The total number of items checked out cannot exceed 5.
- Books: 30 days (no renewals)
- Featured Books: 30 days (no renewals)
- Periodicals: Featured Magazines (but not most recent issues*) 1 week, no renewals
- Art Prints: 30 days, no renewals
- Media (DVDs, Blu-Rays, VHS, CD, Tapes): In-house use only.
*Most recent issues have plastic covers.
- Books: $0.25 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- Featured Books: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- Featured Magazines: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
Lost or Damaged Fees
- Cost of repair or replacement plus $15 service charge per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $15 service charge.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payment may be made:
- Online by logging in to My Library Account.
- In person at the Check-Out Desk with cash or check
- By mail (make check payable to CSUSB Library) and send to:
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
Attn: Circulation Dept.