CSUSB Faculty & Staff: Check-Out Policies
Includes all categories of CSUSB faculty and currently employed CSUSB staff.
Can I renew the items I check out?
Yes, you are allowed one renewal per item unless there is a hold on an item or some other restriction applies. Ordinary books and art prints will automatically renew once.
Can someone else check out library materials for me?
Full time and part time faculty may authorize anyone you choose to check out library materials on your behalf, but you are financially responsible. Bring the person you want to authorize with you to the Check-Out Desk and ask for the Library Faculty Authorization Card; both of you will need to show ID.
Can I check out library materials from other libraries?
Your Coyote OneCard is good at all CSU libraries, however, contact the library in question to determine if they require any additional documentation for verification.
Please contact other libraries to make your own arrangements.
Loan Periods by Type of Material
- Books: 6 months + 1 auto-renewal
- Periodicals: Featured Magazines (but not most recent issues*) 1 week, no renewals
- Art Prints: 6 months + 1 auto-renewal
- iPads: 4 hours, 1 renewal
- Multimedia Equipment: 3 days, 1 renewal
- Media (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, CD, Tapes): 30 days, no renewals, limit of 5
*Most recent issues have plastic covers.
- Lost or damaged materials: cost of repair or replacement plus $15 service charge per item.
- Featured Magazines: $1 per day, per item; maximum of $10 per item.
- Media: $2 per day, per item; maximum of $26 per item.
- Boxed DVD sets with one or more missing discs: replacement cost of entire set plus $15 service charge.
- iPads $10 per hour, per item; maximum of $480.
- Multimedia Equipment: $10 per hour, per item; maximum of $480
Placing a Hold or a Recall
Is the book you need already checked out? Place a hold (anytime) or recall (after 28 days) on it in person at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor, or online through the Pfau Library OneSearch. We will notify you via email when it is returned. Another solution that may be faster is to request the book through our Interlibrary Loan service.
Placing a Search Request
Can't locate an item on the shelf? Place a search request on it at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. You will be notified by email if the item is located.
Paying Fines or Fees
Payment may be made:
- Online by logging in to My Library Account.
- In person at the Check-Out Desk with cash or check
- By mail (make check payable to CSUSB Library) and send to:
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407-2397
Attn: Circulation Dept.
When balance is paid in full, “Holds” on University Records will normally be cleared within 2 business days.