Community & Visitors
Local community members and other visitors are welcome to use the library's resources, both print and electronic, on-site whenever the facility is open.
- San Bernardino and Riverside Public School Teachers - Bring a current photo ID and proof of employment (examples: current pay stub; letter from principal).
- Other CSU Faculty, Staff and Students - Bring a current photo ID card from your campus. Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- Other CSU Alumni Association Members - Bring a current alumni association membership card, or a letter showing current membership in a CSU alumni association, plus a current, official photo ID (license, passport, etc.).
- Other College or University Students - If your institution participates in the Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC), bring a current photo ID and an IEALC card (obtained from the library at your campus). Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- All Others - Anyone age 18 or older can join the Library Associates. Annual membership is $30, lifetime membership is $300. Sign up at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. We accept cash or checks. Bring a current photo ID, such as a CA driver's license.
See Community: Check-Out Policies for details on loan periods, renewals, overdue fees, and more.
Library Associates members only. Fill out a printed request form (available at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor) for each item, submit completed forms at the Check-Out Desk, and pay a $5 fee per request when picking things up.
Off-Campus Database Access:Not available due to database licensing restrictions.
Anyone visiting the Pfau Library may use the terminals in the Reference Area, first floor, to do basic library research and to access government documents, using an anonymous login posted on the terminals. Anonymous users have access only to .edu, .gov, and .mil Web domains, and to the library's databases.
Visitors may apply for guest accounts that provide full Web access on these terminals. See Computing for more details.
Guests, please be advised that the campus wireless network is restricted and requires a login. Contact the Campus Help Desk (909 537-7677) for further information about wireless connection options for guests.
Printing & Photocopying:
Requires a print/copy card purchased from a machine that accepts only paper money. See Printing & Copying for more details.